When solving a Physics problem in general and one of Electrostatic in particular, it is important to follow a certain order. Get used to being organized when you solve problems, and you will see how it gives good results. It is worth spending a little time on the previous analysis of a problem before you tackle it.
The solved electrostatic problems shown in these pages will help you put into practice the following concepts:
We will always use the SI units.
When solving an Electrostatic problem, follow the following steps:
Ad blocker detected
- Read carefully the problem statement.
- Draw a picture of the physical situation depicted in the problem statement.
- Write in your notebook the givens in the problem statement and the quantities you will have to calculate.
- Keep in mind that some of the quantities you will use are vectors while other are scalars.
- When calculating an electric field, draw a picture of the electric field vector due to the different charges. The positive charges are sources of field lines while the negative charges are sinks of field lines.
- Do not forget to include the units in your results.
- Review the problem and check that the results you have obtained make sense.
Check the units of measurement page to know more about the prefixes used in Physics to express the multiples and submultiples of the SI units.
On the following pages you will find solved Electrostatic problems. Try to do them yourself before looking at the resolution.The post Solved Electrostatic problems appeared first on YouPhysics